5000fish is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual for Freelance Content Writer role within the Marketing team. The right person will have a keen ability to interview business and technical leaders in the organization and use that to create keyword-rich content to keep our audience engaged and wanting to return to our website.
Who we’re looking for in a nutshell: ·
You love to write. You find inspiration in the smallest things and love to get them on paper without procrastination.
You can’t learn enough about inbound marketing. You’re reading so many blogs about SEO, inbound marketing, content creation, blogging, that you find yourself talking about it at parties and people are looking at you like “huh?”
You have a technical bone: You’re hip with technology, not just the buzzwords but you understand a little about how the cool applications you use on the internet actually work behind the scenes (and you can write about it).
You know what Business Intelligence and Analytics is: If you need to look it up, this role isn’t for you! We’re a B2B company focused on making data easier for business users to access, analyze, and make fact based business decisions.
- The ideal candidate will have experience writing about technology and software geared toward a B2B audience.
- Is a creative thinker with dashboard, business intelligence, or data related experience.
- Has experience collaborating not only with managers, but also development & support teams.
- Write headlines, promotional copy, editorial content, etc. for all site updates.
- Interview business and technical leaders and use that to create keyword-rich content to keep our audience engaged.
- Write, edit and proofread product description and details for the website.
- Incorporate clear, concise and compelling content per SEO and digital marketing best practices.
- Edit and repurpose existing content for new use.
- Enforces brand tone and voice guidelines for all digital content and copy.
- QA site, email and digital content to ensure copy, images, hyperlinks, and other assets meet branding guidelines and are fully functional.
- A passion for crafting sharp, effective language that drives business and assists with our SEO efforts.
- 2+ years of copywriting or editorial experience in an advertising or marketing environment that is accustomed to ongoing deadlines.
- Insight into human behavior, knowing what our consumers find believable, interesting, attractive and compelling
- Experience writing for B2B software technology.
- Write in various styles for diverse audiences.
- Preferred education: Bachelors degree. Preferably in Advertising, Journalism, English or Communications.
- Grammar knowledge and expertise including spelling, punctuation and proofreading.
- Develop and implement a process and standards/guidelines for ongoing copy development.
- Ability to prioritize and successfully multitask, setting and meeting deadlines.
- Perform well under pressure without compromising attention to detail.
- Ability to understand SEO, online traffic, and keyword analysis.
- And of course it goes without saying, great communication, people skills and an essence of humor!
Sound like you?
To apply for this role, please hit the apply button and fill out the application form with your resume and cover letter. While we won’t be able to reply to every applicant if you feel you’re a great match for the 5000fish team, we’ll be in touch within 3-5 business days.
We look forward to hearing from you!